What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is a hands-on therapeutic approach that focuses on the assessment, treatment, and management of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction. It combines various techniques and modalities, including deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, dry needling, stretching, and corrective exercises. Myotherapy targets the root cause of pain, aiming to alleviate symptoms, promote healing, and improve function.
Why Choose Myotherapy?
- Pain Relief: Myotherapy provides targeted relief for a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, including back pain, neck pain, headaches, joint pain, sports injuries, and more.
- Holistic Approach that considers the whole body, addressing not only the site of pain but also identifying and treating underlying imbalances and contributing factors.
- Personalised treatment that is tailored to your unique needs and goals, ensuring maximum effectiveness and results.
- Myotherapy offers non-invasive, drug-free and non-surgical alternative, emphasizing natural healing and restoration of the body's own mechanisms.
- Enhanced Mobility through a combination of manual techniques, stretching, and exercise prescription, myotherapy aims to restore your range of motion and improve flexibility.
- Stress Reduction: Myotherapy is not only beneficial for physical ailments but also provides deep relaxation and stress relief, promoting overall well-being.
HICAPS claiming is available on site so don't forget to bring your private health insurance.
Get to Know Me
My motto "Never Say Die"
Dion has an extensive understanding of biomechanics related to most sports but specifically running, cycling, swimming and team sports.
Dion’s massage career came about from his passion for exercise. While working 80+ hour weeks as a qualified chef, he was looking to improve his unhealthy lifestyle before finding a passion with participating in sport and the benefits that came with being active.
Dion, himself is an avid runner and head running coach of the Evolve Run Club. He has run over 70 marathons and ultra marathons across the world including the 2016, 2018 and 2022 100km World Championships. He has completed an Ironman. His running PB’s are 14:52 for 5km, 2:19 in the marathon and 6hrs30 for 100km. Dion hosts multiple Australian records in the 50km (2:50), 50miles (5:10) and 6hrs (92.45km).
Outside of massage and running, Dion loves spending time with his partner Amy, cooking, watching sports and spending time with family. Just don't get him talking about the Collingwood magpies.
Everything You Need to Know
You’ve Got Questions - I’ve Got Answers
How long will my appointment take?
Initial appointments will take anywhere between 60-70mins.
Follow up appointments are roughly either 30mins or 60mins. Allow an extra 5-10mins.
Where do these appointments take place?
From my home in Frankston. Near Jubilee Park. Address will be provided upon booking.
Is there parking available?
There is free parking in front of the property free of charge
What qualifications does Dion have?
I started my massage career in 2014. Since then, I have completed a diploma in remedial massage and an advanced diploma in Myotherapy.
I have a current Working with Children's Check (WWC) and Level 2 recreational running coach through Athletics Victoria.
Can I claim my health insurance at my appointment?
If you have "extras" cover with your health insurance, then yes. I have a HICAPS terminal for processing all appointments.
How much will my appointment cost?
A 60 minute appointment costs $110.
A 45 minute appointment costs $90.
Run technique + treatment also costs $110.
What injuries can be treated with myotherapy?
The list is long. However, there are some of the most common.
Headaches and migranes
ITB / Runners knee
Lower back pain
Posture related neck and back pain
Has Dion worked with any professional athletes?
Yes. I have worked on state, national, international and Olympic athletes, AFL, Rugby league, A-League, NBL, swimming and much more